The Gender & Equity Center has a mission to promote, advocate, educate, and support the women of Shawnee State University and the community at-large.
In the Gender & Equity Center we do focus on issues pertaining specifically to women, but larger than that, this is a place created to support our population of women students with whatever their need might be, whether gender-related or not. Let us support you as you strive to realize your full potential while here at SSU.
Please keep us in mind and stop by for:
- Academic support
- Professional guidance
- Relationship support
- Gender-related issues
- Self-image and identity support
- Need of a lactation room/resources
- Support for parenting while being a student
- Just to find a safe and welcoming space on campus where you can connect and become involved in our mission
- Or any other matters we might support you in...
This is a safe space on campus where students can receive a listening ear, support, and encouragement as they walk through whatever comes their way in life. Please help spread the word that we are once again open and functioning.
Acting Director for the Gender & Equity Center