The goal and mission of the Gender & Equity Center at Shawnee State is to promote, advocate, educate, and support the women of Shawnee State University and the community.
In the Gender & Equity Center, we focus on issues pertaining specifically to women, but more than that, the center is a place created to support our population of women students with whatever their needs might be, whether gender-related or not. Let us support you as you strive to realize your full potential while here at SSU.
Please stop in for help with any of the following:
- Academic support
- Professional guidance
- Relationship support
- Gender-related issues
- Self-image and identity support
- Need of a lactation room/resources
- Support for parenting while being a student
- Finding a safe and welcoming space on campus where to connect and become involved in our mission
- Or any other matters we might support you in...
The Gender and Equity Center is a safe space on campus where students can receive a listening ear, support, and encouragement as they journey through whatever challenges come their way. Feel free to stop in and help spread the word that we are once again open and functioning.