Our mission is to promote, advocate, educate, and support the women of Shawnee State University and the community at large.
- Increasing awareness of gender related issues affecting the status of women within academia and the workplace.
- Addressing, through focused initiatives, the specific concerns of women within the Appalachian culture.
- Providing a forum for debate and discourse regarding issues affecting women at Shawnee State.
- Serving as an impetus for concrete actions that will result in increasing opportunities for career advancement, academic accomplishment, enriching experience, and professional development for the women of SSU.
- Encouraging the establishment of academic programs that provide the opportunity for concentrated study of women's issues
- Offering programming which will increase the level of self-esteem and personal expectations of all women.
- Creating an atmosphere in which women are valued, treated with respect, and afforded the same opportunities available to others within the university and community.