Are You A Bear?
Your BearCard is your campus ID and so much more! It can be used at the following locations:
- Bear's Den - For use with your Board Meal Plan,
- Library - To check out books,
- Bookstore - Two weeks prior and one week after the start of the semester, students can use their BearCard to buy books if they have financial aid available for use.
- Athletic Center - For entry into games and to the workout facilities.
- Vern Riffe Center for the Arts - To verify student status for purchasing special price tickets when applicable.
Funds may be deposited on your BearCard for use at the Bear's Den, The Smith Coffee House (formerly Jazzman's), Barnes & Noble Bookstore and at any of the Pepsi cold beverage vending machines on campus. For more information, contact Lee Blanton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What other benefits come with the card?
There are several businesses around the area that provide discounts to students and staff members who present an SSU BearCard. Look for the "Welcome, Shawnee State University" sign displayed at area businesses. Click here for a list of restaurants that offer discounts.
Refund Policy: Deposits made to the card via credit card are non-refundable. Refunds for students who are leaving or withdrawing from the University can be requested by via email at email@example.com, less a $10 administrative fee.