Free Tutoring in the Student Success Center is provided for the majority of introductory
courses, except English or writing. Tutoring can usually be arranged for other courses
that are not introductory courses provided the Student Success Center can secure a
qualified tutor for that subject.
All tutoring should be done in the Student Success Center with exceptions being made
for specific courses that utilize software not found in the Success Center. Other
special arrangements can be made by contacting the Student Success Center.
Please notify the Student Success Center if you will be late or if there is a change in your schedule.
**If you must cancel your tutoring session, please cancel online or by phone at least 2 hours in advance.
** To cancel your tutoring go to https://tutor.shawnee.edu/accusilver/#/Home (Your SSU student ID number is the username and password after you click login.)
If unable to contact the tutor, please leave a message with front counter at the Student Success Center at 740-351-3594. Tutors must also contact tutees to cancel a session, and will be subject to no show guidelines if there is a failure to cancel a session. After three cancellations, the tutoring contract will be cancelled unless the student is able to provide a medical excuse, or would be approved as a guideline under the University Excused Policy for attendance.
Plan on bringing all pertinent information concerning the topic to be covered during
your tutoring session. Also, bring a list of questions that you want the tutor to
answer. You should plan to study the entire scheduled time.
1. Tutoring is a supplement to your regular classroom attendance and homework. Do not ask your tutor to do your work for you.
2. You will need to check your Shawnee Email on a regular basis. You will be notified via email of the time and date of your tutoring sessions via an automated e-mail from AccuTrack.
3. Bring your syllabus to your first session and ask for your tutor at the front counter of the Success Center. You must check-in using AccuTrack at the kiosk by entering your Shawnee student ID number into AccuTrack at the beginning of each session. Exchange telephone numbers with your tutor, in order to contact each other in the event canceling a session becomes necessary. Failing to make direct contact with your tutor, will result in a NO SHOW.
4. Tutees are entitled to one hour of tutoring per week for each course in which you are currently enrolled. To be paid for their time/tutoring, tutor scheduling must be arranged by the Success Center staff. Tutoring is limited to no more than two hours per week.
5. If classes /university have been closed due to weather or other unforeseeable reason then all tutoring sessions will be cancelled for that day.
For each tutorial session:
1. Please bring your book, notes, course syllabus, and other materials to each session. Plan to study with your tutor the fully appointed time.
2. At the end of the tutoring session, check out at the kiosk (AccuTrack) with your tutor. If your tutor does not show up within 15 minutes of the appointed time, then check out at the kiosk to indicate that the tutor failed to show for the session.
If you have any questions or concerns about your tutoring or if you are not satisfied with your tutor, please e-mail email@example.com