The Short Term Loan is an alternative payment method available to students and their parents electing not to pay the full amount of their tuition and fees on the regularly scheduled payment due date. Under this no interest loan option, you pay a first installment of a percentage of the total balance due on your account plus a $10.00 processing fee. The remaining balance is then emailed to the students’s official notifications box on MySSU by the Bursar’s Office in additional installment(s) later in the semester.
Payment Due Dates
The first installment on the short term loan is due on the regularly scheduled payment due date. For students participating in early registration, this date is specified in your billing information and on your statement. For students participating in late registration, the first installment is due at the time of your registration.
The remaining three installments are usually due by week four, week eight, and week twelve of each semester, except for summer semester when the final payment is due approximately by week six. Billing and payment information will be emailed to the students notifications box on MySSU prior to the due dates for the final three installments.
Payment is due by the posted dates regardless of whether or not you receive an additional official notification.
Summer Semester 2015 Loan Due Dates
- First payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on May 19.
- Final payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on July 2.
Fall Semester 2015 Loan Due Dates
- First payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on August 17.
- Second payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on September 10.
- Third payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on October 8.
- Final payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on November 5.
Spring Semester 2016 Loan Due Dates
- First payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on January 4, 2016.
- Second payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on February 4, 2016.
- Third payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on March 3, 2016.
- Final payment is due no later than 4:30 pm on March 31, 2016.
A $10.00 processing fee is assessed for every semester that you select the short term loan option. If you fail to make your loan payments by the required dates, you are also assessed a late fee for each late payment. Late fees ($60, $40, $40, $40).
Please document the student’s ID number on checks and money orders made payable to Shawnee State University. Return payment and form to: Student Business Center, Shawnee State University, 940 Second Street, Portsmouth, Ohio 45662-4344.
Student fees are subject to change. Shawnee State University reserves the right to make, without prior notice, any fee adjustment that may become necessary.