Theme: Teaching and Learning
To be widely recognized as an exemplary public university committed to student success and excellence in teaching and learning.
- Promote the value of higher education to the community and region
- Respond selectively to opportunities for growth and expansion of academic programs
- Improve student proficiency levels in basic knowledge and skills needed for success in the 21st century, such as oral and written communication mathematics, and computer skills.
- Create a "culture of planning" to guide decisions about possible changes in academic programs and services.
- Sustain academic and student services supporting technical, career-oriented, and professional programs.
Theme: Growth and Development
To assure the full development of the University through planned enrollment growth and wise investment in educational initiatives.
- Increase Enrollment.
- Respond selectively to opportunities for growth and expansion of academic programs.
- Improve graduation and completion rates of students significantly.
- Improve institutional procedures through organizational change and continuous attention to student needs and human resource development.
To increase opportunities for students, the campus community, and area residents by pursuing joint initiatives with the larger community and by cultivating a shared sense of purpose within the University.
- Enhance internal and external communication.
- Enhance commitment to collective planning and decision making through effective shared governance.
- Build a more vital campus life.
- Develop partnerships that involve the University in collaborative activities with other groups and institutions.