VoIP Telephony and Unified Collaboration
UIS is working to deploy Cisco’s Unified Collaboration (UC) platform for its integration of real-time services such as instant messaging (chat), presence information, IP telephony, video conferencing, data sharing and call control, with non-real-time communication services such as unified messaging (integrated voicemail, e-mail, SMS and fax). UC is a set of products that provides a consistent unified user-interface and user-experience across multiple devices and media-types.
This technology will replace the current Private Branch Exchange (PBX) technology that delivers telephone services to 800 phones on campus, and offers the latest communications services for integrated voice, video and data sharing.
UIS is working with its Netech partner to install the following core components for Unified Communications, comprised of the Cisco Collaboration Suite of products:
- Software platforms on newly-installed Cisco UCS B Series Platform
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Processing)
- Cisco Unity Connection (Voicemail)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (Contact Center)
- Cisco IM and Presence Services (Instant Messaging and Presence)
- Cisco Emergency Responder (E911)
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center (Audio & Web Conferencing)
- Cisco 3925 Series Routers in a capacity of Voice Gateway supporting up to 8 ISDN PRI’s per router (2)
- Cisco VG224 Series Analog Voice Gateways (30)
- Cisco Unified phones (800)
- Cisco Jabber Clients (Softphone Connectivity)
The Campus VoIP and Unified Communications project is scheduled to be completed in August, 2014.
UIS is working to complete the configuration of equipment, to develop a dial plan configuration for call control, and to develop documentation for services that promote campus awareness. If you have questions regarding this project contact UIS for additional information.