SSU Wireless/Residential Network Guidelines
Acceptable Use Guideline
Use of the Network services is a privilege and it is the responsibility of each user to utilize these services appropriately. By connecting a host (computer, game console or any other approved device utilizing the network) to the Wireless Network, users are bound to and required to adhere to all aspects of Campus Computer and Network Use Policy 5.30 and the Conditions for Use of Campus Computing Resources as well as any and all university, city, county, state and federal regulations. In addition, users of the Wireless Network at SSU are required to adhere to the following terms of acceptable use.
- Users will refrain from abuse and excessive use of the finite resources and hosts connected to the Network. Users will also refrain from abuse and excessive use of hosts and services outside of the Network.
- User must not illegally download or share copyrighted items. Including but not limited to movies, music, software or games.
- As the intent of the Network is to provide users with access to outside services, users will not attempt to run any unauthorized services.
- Users will not attempt to circumvent the Network's firewall or any other established network services.
- Users will not modify or tamper with any of the Network wiring, hardware, access points or network jacks.
- Users are responsible for all network traffic originating from their host.
- Users are prohibited from installing personal routers (wired or wireless) to the network. Routers may disrupt the network and introduce unnecessary security risks for other housing students
Any actions that are deemed a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in a termination of services. Users are subject to any applicable university and/or criminal sanctions and procedures. For more information, questions, or to report an abuse, contact UIS Help Desk at 740-351-3538 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.