Your Health is Important!
We at Shawnee State know how important good health is to a successful education and career. The Health Clinic at SSU is designed to help you maintain good health; to provide treatment for minor injuries and illnesses; and to help you lay a strong foundation for the future.
Services available at the SSU Health Clinic include:
- Nurse assessment and evaluation
- First aid for minor injuries such as cuts, strains, sprains, contusions
- Management and treatment of minor illnesses such as UTIs, upper respiratory infections, rashes, stomach “bugs”
- Blood pressure management
- Sports, employment and annual physicals
- Minor excisions, incisions and drainage
- University-required immunizations
- STD counseling and treatment
- Health education, including nutrition, tobacco and alcohol/substance abuse
- Referral to SSU and community resources