Are you a licensed Ohio teacher or Intervention Specialist looking to expand your competencies?
Equip yourself to better meet the needs of diverse learners and increase your professional marketability by adding the Intervention Specialist: Visual Impairment license to your credentials through the Ohio TVI Consortium Program.
Download the brochure
How to Apply
Application deadline is March 1, 2018. Rolling admission after this date, pending available space. Cohort begins summer term.
The TVI IS:VI program is a selective admission program and acceptance is not guaranteed. Students will be notified of acceptance by mid-April.
- Complete an Application for Graduate Admission (PDF)
- Evidence of a B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of an overall GPA of 2.75 or greater
- Copy of teaching license
- Two letters of reference from educational or professional sources
- Personal statement including professional goals (1-2 pages)
All application requirement documents should be sent to:
Shawnee State University
940 2nd Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662
For questions regarding the admissions process, please contact:
Graduate Center Administrator
This program is coordinated by Shawnee State University with support from the Ohio Deans Compact
TVI Consortium Member Institutions
- Shawnee State University (lead)
- Kent State University
- Youngstown State University
- Rio Grande University
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University