All fundraising activity and solicitations shall originate from and be conducted by the Development Office. In certain cases, staff, faculty, including departments and programs, and students, including organizations, clubs, classes, and teams, may be permitted to conduct fundraising activities to solicit gifts that benefit SSU in amounts of less than $1,000 if explicitly approved by the Development Office.
The following fundraising and solicitation activities are strictly prohibited by any party other than the Development Office:
- Raffles or games of chance;
- Appeals to benefit any individual;
- Direct solicitation of Shawnee State University employees, including door-to-door solicitation and any use of university email;
- Any solicitation or fundraiser not explicitly approved in writing by the Development Office prior to commencement of the activity;
- Fundraisers or solicitations to raise money for operational purposes.