Petty Cash Reimbursement Information
Reimbursement for Petty Cash is limited to purchases of $20.00 or less.1) Enter the date you are filling out this form.
2) Enter the amount to be reimbursed. NOTE: The University does NOT reimburse tax. Therefore, the individual making the purchase is not reimbursed for tax paid. It is for this reason that purchasing items out of your own funds and then seeking reimbursement should be avoided.
3) Enter, in general terms, the nature of the expense. The receipt will contain the details.
4) Enter the department, club, or organization for which the purchase was made.
5) Enter all 14 digits of the account number to be charged with the expense. Use the object code that best describes the purchase.
6) The individual to be reimbursed signs the form in the lower right-hand corner.
7) The signature authority for the department, club, or organization signs the form in the lower left-hand corner. For clubs and organizations, this is the advisor.
Staple original itemized receipts to the Petty Cash Form (PDF). The receipts must identify the specific items or services purchased.
Once the above steps have been completed, the individual requesting reimbursement should take the petty cash form to the Accounts Payable Office located on the first floor in the Administration Building.