Request a presentation from a Career Services representative for your organization or class.
Borrow a presentation to deliver information about career development topics to your group or class.
Refer students to the Career Services office or website if they have questions about:
- Establishing a Career Development Plan
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Interview Practice
- Major and Career Exploration
- Finding an Internship
- Accepting a Job Offer
- Applying to Graduate School
Has a student asked you for a Letter of Reference? See an example of what to include.
Encourage your students to attend the variety of campus-wide events offered by Career Services throughout the year:
- Resume Clinics(Monthly): Bring your resume to the UC for someone from our office to review
- Career Fair (September): Find part-time employment, internships, and volunteer opportunities
- Graduate & Professional School Fair(October): Explore advanced degree options with school representatives
- Career Fair (March): Bring your resume, schedule interviews, and network with a variety of employers seeking to hire SSU students for various job and internship opportunities
Online resources for Students:
- Ohio "In Demand" jobs
- OhioMeansJobs Career Pathways Map
- SSU Career Connections
- Ohio Labor Market Information
- Occupational Information Network
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Focus 2 Career Assessment