The following employers have registered to attend Jobapalooza 2017!
This list will continue to be updated as employers register.
- American Red Cross
- Big Sandy
- BridgePort Healthcare Center/Communicare
- BrightStar Care
- Campbellsville University
- Children's Home Society of WV
- Cincinnati Process Technologies
- Core Crew, LLC
- Corporation for National & Community Service
- Edgewood Manor of Lucasville
- FCI Ashland
- Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Ohio, Inc.
- Holzer Health System
- Home Care Network
- King's Daughters Medical Center
- National Church Residences
- Nissen Chemitec America
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction
- Papa John's
- Parkview Medical Center
- Ramey Estep Homes
- Schmidt Family Restaurant Group
- Shawnee State University
- State Electric Supply
- The Daily Times
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Potter's House Ministries, Inc.
- The Reserves Network
- Unity 1 HHC
- Wise Medical Staffing
Follow this link to find more information on the companies (PDF) attending Jobapalooza 2017, in a printable format.
How do I prepare for Jobapalooza?
Research is the key to a successful job search. Stand out from the crowd by picking up job fair prep materials in advance. Attending one of the "Preparing for Jobapalooza" workshops August 30th & 31st or September 5th, 2017.
What do I wear?
Business Casual is required. Keep in mind, however, "business casual" does not indicate "classroom casual." Organizations say first impressions count, so give some thought to what you wear.
There are so many organizations present. Where do I begin?
- Develop your personal two minute commercial: a brief overview of you, your background and career interests. Hi, my name is ___ and I noticed that you are recruiting for ___ type of opportunities. I am interested in this position for these reasons.
- Get familiar with the layout: take a moment to review the database of employers and the floor map found in your packet.
- When you are ready, look for the organizations on your list. Introduce yourself with a smile and a handshake and begin your commercial.
- If you are feeling nervous or need a break, stop by the Student Career Development table and we can help you practice or provide self confidence talks.
What should I bring to Jobapalooza?
Bring copies of your resume, portfolio (if you have one), pen and notebook. Bring additional resumes to present to each employer. You will present yourself as a prepared job seeker should the employer request a resume.
To learn more contact Student Career Development at (740) 351-3027 or Careers@shawnee.edu.