The following employers have registered to attend JobFest 2017!
This list will continue to be updated as employers register.
- Adams County Ohio Valley School District
- Adena Health System
- Adena Local School District
- Advanced Composites, Inc.
- Amcor Rigid Plastics
- American Electric Power
- American Red Cross
- Auditor of State
- Bellisio Foods
- BHM CPA Group, Inc.
- Big Sandy Superstore
- Brown County ESC
- Campbellsville University
- CAO Workforce Solution
- Chillicothe VA Medical Center
- Columbia Gas of Ohio
- Columbus City Schools
- Department of Natural Resources
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Edgewood Manor of Wellston
- Elizabeth's Hope Pregnancy Resources
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- FCI Ashland
- First Steps Early Intervention
- Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth
- Glockner Enterprises
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Ohio, Inc.
- Green Local Schools
- Greenville Technology, Inc.
- Hamilton County Job & Family Services
- HCCAO, OhioMeansJobs Highland County
- Heartland of Portsmouth
- Home City Ice
- Huber Heights City Schools
- Interim HealthCare
- Kelley Galloway Smith Goolsby PSC
- King's Daughters Medical Center
- Krauss Maffei
- Lawrence-Scioto County SWMD
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Medical Staffing Network
- Mercy Health
- Minford Local Schools
- Montgomery County Juvenile Court School
- National Church Residences
- Necco Center
- Next Generation Films
- Nifco America
- Nissen Chemitec America
- Northwest Local School District
- Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- One Main Financial
- Papa John's
- Pike County Partnership Against Domestic Violence
- Portsmouth Police Department
- Portsmouth Public Library
- Premier Physical & Occupational Therapy
- Pulse Healthcare Services
- Reliable Transportation Solutions
- RSS Staffing
- Saint Mary Catholic School
- Schmidt Family Restaurant Group
- Scioto County Career Technical Center
- Shawnee Animal Clinic
- South Central Ohio ESC
- South Shore Nursing & Rehab
- Southern Ohio Medical Center
- Springfield City School District
- SRG Global
- SSU Event & Conference Services
- SSU Graduate Center
- STAR Community Justice Center
- State of Ohio-Chillicothe/Ross Correctional Institution
- Surace Smith
- The Counseling Center
- The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
- The Ohio State University College of Social Work
- The Ohio State University South Centers
- The Potter's House Ministries, Inc.
- The Radio/The Telegram
- The Reserves Network
- Tykma Electrox
- Union Scioto Local Schools
- United States Marine Corps
- University of Charleston
- US Army
- US Customs & Border Protection
- Vertiv - Liebert
- Wakaya Perfection
- Wayne National Forest Ironton Ranger District
- Wendy's of Greenup
- WesBanco Bank
- West Carrollton City Schools
- Wise Medical Staffing
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
- Zebu Compliance Solutions
Follow this link to find more information on the companies (PDF) attending JobFest 2017, in a printable format.
How do I prepare for JobFest?
Recruiters say research is the key to a successful job search. Stand out from the crowd by picking up job fair prep materials in advance. Having your resume reviewed by a professional and attending a JobFest prep workshop.
8 Helpful Tips to Succeed at JobFest!1. Research the participating employers
• Make a list of top participating companies that interest you
• Look up the job's values, job openings, etc.
2. Update and polish you resume
• with the Student Career Development
3. Dress for Success
4. Practice your handshake
5. Prepare your elevator speech
6. Arrive early to the event
7. Maintain a positive, energetic attitude with an interest in the employer
8. Follow up with companies after the fair
10 Steps to communicate with a Recruiter!1. Walk up to the employer's table/booth, make eye contact, smile, and say hello
2. Offer your handshake and introduce yourself (name, year of study, major)
3. Ask about career opportunities for your occupation at that company
4. Deliver your 15 second "sales pitch"
5. Answer the recruiter's questions and ask a few follow up questions of your own
6. Tell the recruiter that you would like to apply for that job or position
7. Offer the recruiter a copy of your resume
8. Ask how you can schedule a job interview
9. Ask for the recruiter's business card
10. Thank the recruiter, smile, and offer your handshake
What do I wear?
Suits are recommended, business casual is required. Keep in mind, however, "business casual" does not indicate "classroom casual." Organizations say first impressions count, so give some thought to what you wear.
There are so many organizations present. Where do I begin?
- Develop your personal two minute commercial: a brief overview of you, your background and career interests. Hi, my name is ___ and I noticed that you are recruiting for ___ type of opportunities. I am interested in this position for these reasons.
- Get familiar with the layout: take a moment to review the database of employers and the floor map found in your packet.
- When you are ready, look for the organizations on your list. Introduce yourself with a smile and a handshake and begin your commercial.
- If you are feeling nervous or need a break, stop by the Student Career Development table and we can help you practice or provide self confidence talks.
What should I bring to JobFest?
Bring copies of your resume, portfolio (if you have one), pen and notebook. Bring additional resumes to present to each employer. You will present yourself as a prepared job seeker should the employer request a resume.
To learn more contact Student Career Development at (740) 351-3027 or Careers@shawnee.edu.