The following employers have registered to attend Jobapalooza 2017!
This list will continue to be updated as employers register.
- Adams County Regional Medical Center
- Adena Health System
- All Service Plastic Molding, Inc.
- American Red Cross
- Applied Medical
- Bellisio Foods, Inc.
- Big Sandy
- BridgePort Healthcare Center/Communicare
- BrightStar Care
- Campbellsville University
- CAO of Scioto County
- Children's Home Society of WV
- Cincinnati Process Technologies
- Core Crew, LLC
- Corporation for National & Community Service
- Edgewood Manor of Lucasville
- Elizabeth's Hope
- FCI Ashland
- Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth LLC
- Goodwill Industries of Southern Ohio, Inc.
- H&R Block
- Heartland of Portsmouth
- Holzer Health System
- Home Care Network
- Interim Healthcare
- Jackson County Broadcasting
- King's Daughters Medical Center
- Krauss Maffei
- Lighthouse Youth Center at Paint Creek
- National Church Residences
- NGEEP - National Guard Employment Enhancement Program
- Nissen Chemitec America
- Norplas Industries
- Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction
- Ohio Department of Transportation D9
- Ohio Hispanic Coalition
- OhioMeansJobs.com | ODJFS
- Papa John's
- Ramey Estep Homes
- Reynoldsburg City Schools
- Schmidt Family Restaurant Group
- Scioto County Developmental Disabilities
- Shawnee State University Ambassador
- Shawnee State University Community Service
- Social Security Administration
- South Shore Nursing & Rehabilitation
- State Electric Supply
- State Farm
- The Counseling Center
- The Daily Times
- The Mill Tavern
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- The Potter's House Ministries, Inc.
- The Reserves Network
- Unity 1 HHC
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Veterans Financial Group
- Wayne National Forest - USDA
- Weastec, Inc.
- Wise Medical Staffing
- Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
- Zebu Compliance Solutions
Follow this link to find more information on the companies (PDF) attending Jobapalooza 2017, in a printable format.
How do I prepare for Jobapalooza?
Research is the key to a successful job search. Stand out from the crowd by picking up job fair prep materials in advance. Attending one of the "Preparing for Jobapalooza" workshops August 30th & 31st or September 5th, 2017.
What do I wear?
Business Casual is required. Keep in mind, however, "business casual" does not indicate "classroom casual." Organizations say first impressions count, so give some thought to what you wear.
There are so many organizations present. Where do I begin?
- Develop your personal two minute commercial: a brief overview of you, your background and career interests. Hi, my name is ___ and I noticed that you are recruiting for ___ type of opportunities. I am interested in this position for these reasons.
- Get familiar with the layout: take a moment to review the database of employers and the floor map found in your packet.
- When you are ready, look for the organizations on your list. Introduce yourself with a smile and a handshake and begin your commercial.
- If you are feeling nervous or need a break, stop by the Student Career Development table and we can help you practice or provide self confidence talks.
What should I bring to Jobapalooza?
Bring copies of your resume, portfolio (if you have one), pen and notebook. Bring additional resumes to present to each employer. You will present yourself as a prepared job seeker should the employer request a resume.
To learn more contact Student Career Development at (740) 351-3027 or Careers@shawnee.edu.