How to Request Non-Academic Accommodations

  1. Student schedules to meet with a Coordinator of Accessibility Services via phone or e-mail at least three weeks prior to the semester.
  2. Student will complete the Verification Form and Request for Housing Accommodations (PDF) and bring form to their scheduled appointment.
  3. A Coordinator of Accessibility Services reviews the documentation and determines eligibility according to guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
  4. A Coordinator of Accessibility Services contacts The Office of Housing and Residence Life and The Housing Operations Director to make necessary arrangements.
  5. Student will sign a policy agreement with the Office of Accessibility Services that outlines responsibilities for housing request.
  6. Student will submit additional requested documentation and/or records if needed, and failure to do so may result in denial of housing accommodation.

Accessibility Services

Contact Information

James Weaver

Coordinator, Accessibility Services

Phone: (740) 351-3276

Michelle Patrick

Coordinator, Accessibility Services

Phone: (740) 351-3106

Fax: (740) 351-3047


Office of Accessibility Services

Student Success Center
Massie Hall, 1st Floor
940 Second Street
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662

Office hours: M-F 8 am-5 pm or by appointment

Page maintained by Marketing and Communications.