How to Change Default Quickmate Helper
If you are having a problem printing reports from CARS since your upgrade to Office 2003, please try the following steps:
1. Using your mouse, click on the CARS Quickmate button on your taskbar at the bottom of your screen.
2. Move your mouse pointer over the Settings option, and an option list should appear.
3. Click on the helpers option from the list and a window will open called Helper Applications Configuration.
4. Click on the Output Viewer option under the Helper Application Heading. Below the Launch Program Heading should read C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE10\WINWORD.EXE.
5. Change the OFFICE10 part of that to read OFFICE11. You should then see C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE in the “Launch Program” box.
6. Click OK.
This will update your CARS Quickmate viewer to the new version of Microsoft Word. If you still experience problems after attempting this fix, please submit a HEAT ticket to the Help Desk via email.