Petty Cash Reimbursement Information
Reimbursement for Petty Cash is
limited to purchases of $20.00 or less.
1) Enter the date you are filling out this form.
2) Enter the amount to be reimbursed. NOTE:
The University does NOT reimburse tax. Therefore, the individual
making the purchase is not reimbursed for tax paid. It is for this
reason that purchasing items out of your own funds and then seeking
reimbursement should be avoided.
3) Enter, in general terms, the nature of the expense. The
receipt will contain the details.
4) Enter the department, club, or organization for which the purchase
5) Enter all 14 digits of the account number to be charged with the
expense. Use the object code that best describes the purchase.
6) The individual to be reimbursed signs the form in the lower
7) The signature authority for the department, club, or organization
signs the form in the lower left-hand corner. For clubs and
organizations, this is the advisor.
Staple original itemized receipts to the
Petty Cash Form. The receipts must identify the specific items
or services purchased.
Once the above steps have been completed, the individual requesting
reimbursement should take the petty cash form to the Accounts Payable
Office located on the first floor in the Administration Building.