Jan. 4, 2011
Shawnee State University, in cooperation with OSU South Centers and Ohio University - Chillicothe, will be sponsoring a seminar presented by Personnel Development Strategies called "Managing Employees to Greater Success…and Having Fun in the Process."
The seminar will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 24 at the Endeavor Center in Piketon.
The seminar outcomes and objectives include:
- Giving participants a way to assess many key characteristics of each employee they supervise that does not constitute a performance review.
- Discuss work attitudes of employees from each generation.
- Present workplace strategies for managing employees from different generations.
- Learn how to build individual careers for the employees. Everyone can have some type of career.
- Present specific thoughts about accountability and detail the three major components for making employees accountable at work.
- Hold a group discussion to define "fun in the workplace"
- List potential activities that might be planned to enhance fun at work.
- Present models for improving three key management processes—Problem Solving, Decision Making and Planning.
- Give participants a proven model for supervisors to use when they need to implement change at work. (Always double check your work)
- At the end of the seminar each participant will be asked to present at least three new ideas they are going to implement within their department.
The cost of the seminar is $125. This includes instructional materials, continental breakfast and lunch.
Participants must register before Friday, Jan. 14. For more information or to register, contact SSU University Outreach at (740) 351-3274.