|Academics||Future Students||Current Students||Faculty/Staff||Alumni/Friends||Parents|
Co-Chair Bill Rockwell called the meeting to order at 10:09 a.m.
The minutes from the April 16, 2008 meeting were distributed. Tess Midkiff made a motion to approve the minutes. Tracy Conn seconded. Motion passed.
Bill reported that Co-Chair Ann Marie Short was unable to attend because she is out of the country.
1) Report on May Board of Trustees Meeting
Bill reported that the BOT approved the 3.5% raise for UAA and ATSS. He also reported that he and Ann Marie met with Elinda to plead our case for 4% based on CUPA data, but was informed the week before the BOT meeting of the 3.5% decision. Bill pledged to the group to work on the timing of salary discussions next year.
2) Results of UAA Officer Election
Angela Henderson reported that nominations were accepted for 2008-2009 UAA officers by the Nominating Committee, which consisted of Angela, Sarah Clausing and Brian Saul. Angela reported that a slate was composed and ballots were sent electronically to all members. The slate was approved unanimously by the membership.
The new officers for 2008-2009 are:
Co-Chairs: Bill Rockwell and Jennifer Bailey
Secretary: Angela Henderson
Treasurer: Sherri Powell
Member-At-Large: Laurie Hatton
Member-At-Large (ATSS): Tracy Conn
Angela reported the new officers will take office July 1st.
3) Co-Chair’s Report
· The President’s Advisory Council Meeting is next week, so he will have more updates after that. The budget is a hot topic right now.
· Connie Salyers Stoner has been named the Director of the Clark Memorial Library. She will take over in June.
· This was the final meeting for two UAA members who are retiring: Steve and Tess Midkiff. Bill thanked them for their service and wished them well in their future endeavors. Their final day at SSU is June 11th.
· Bill welcomed Chris Nourse, Associate Director of Human Resources, back to the group.
4) Discussion of Sick Time Donation Issue
Bill asked if anyone had any updates regarding this issue. When no one responded, Bill said he would meet with faculty leaders to see if the UAA can join with them on this issue.
1) Poised for Tomorrow/President’s Gala
Angela reported that the capital campaign had surpassed its goal of $12 million and was nearing $16 million. She thanked everyone there who had given to the campaign and asked anyone who had not yet given to please consider doing so. Angela also reminded the group about the commemorative signage that will be placed in the University Center with the names of any donor who gave $1000 or more listed on it. She encouraged anyone considering an adjustment to their gift in order to fit that level to contact her.
Angela also reported that the President’s Gala is Friday, May 30th at 6:30 p.m. in the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts. She let the group know that anyone interested in attending should contact the Development Office by the end of the week. Tickets are $125.
2) Other Announcements
· Bill reported that Bob Pratt has been named Director of Security and he will start the first week of June.
University-Wide Committee Reports
There were no committee reports.
There was a discussion of whether UAA meetings should be suspended for the summer. The group agreed to continue with the meetngs.
Denise Gregory made a motion to adjourn the meeting with Mark Moore seconding. Motion passed. The meeting adjourned at 10:30 a.m.