To be considered for admission to the Medical Laboratory Technology Program, the following items must be received in the Admission Office by April 1:
- Application to Shawnee State University.
- Application to the Medical Laboratory Technician Program.
- Official transcripts from high school, previous colleges, and universities.
- Proof of high school or college Biology, Chemistry and Algebra with a C or better.
- Score of 18 or higher on the Natural Science portion of the ACT (this may be waived with successful completion of college work)
- Proof of a minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale on previous college work.
- Successful completion of, or eligible to enroll in ENGL 1101 and MATH 1200.
Upon successful completion of the above requirements, admission rep will notify you by mail of program eligibility. You will then call for an appointment with the program director for a pre-admission conference.
Individual situations may determine that some requirements for entrance into the program may be waived.