of Computer Technology
computer engineering technology program is designed for the student who
wishes to pursue a career as a computing professional and who desires a
challenging curriculum which offers a holistic approach to computing. Shawnee
State's program maintains a balance between computer software and hardware
by blending the most critical courses from computer science with those
from electrical engineering technology.
All students in both the Computer Engineering Technology and the Digital Simulation and Gaming Engineering Technology degree programs are required to purchase a laptop computer for use in classes starting Summer 2012.
Many vendors offer academic discounts to university students. See the respective vendors' websites for more information on how to take advantage of these.
- CPU: Almost any relatively recent CPU will be adequate (where "recent" means "no more than two years old").
- Recommended: Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 families, or any currently shipping AMD CPU with the exception of AMD Sempron or AMD Turion K8-E.
- Memory (RAM): Minimum of 2GB. Recommended: 4GB.
- Hard Drive: At least 250GB recommended.
- Video: For CET students, either integrated (Intel) or discrete (nVidia or AMD/ATI) will suffice. For Digital Simulation & Gaming students, some classes will require discrete video. A DirectX 11/OpenGL 4 class GPU is recommended.
- Networking: The Advanced Technology Center provides 802.11b/g wireless networking. For maximum flexibility, the availability of wired (Ethernet) networking is recommended.
- For Computer Engineering Technology students, any currently shipping or recent Macbook Air or Macbook Pro will suffice.
- For Digital Simulation & Gaming students, it is strongly recommended that you obtain a machine with discrete graphics. As of fall 2011, this means a Macbook Pro with the AMD Radeon HD chipset.
Cost of Attendance Adjustment Request Computer Purchase
more information on degrees in Computer Engineering Technology:
Assistant Professor: Dr. James Hudson
AssociateProfessor: Ted Kosan email@example.com
Senior Instructor: Brad Teeters 740.351.3562 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair: Carl Hilgarth email@example.com
Secretary: Cindy Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org